HOTDATESDOTCOM at Noosa Arts Theatre
- When: 14-17 and 21-23 February 2019
- Where: Noosa Arts Theatre, 163 Weyba Rd, Noosaville
- Time: Evenings: 14, 15, 21-23 February at 7.30pm. Matinees: 16-17 February at 2pm.
- Price: Valentine's Gala - all tickets $32. Other days: Adult $29; senior, pensioner, concession $25; group of 10 or more $22; child U18 $20
- Phone: 07 5449 9343
- Website: www.noosaartstheatre.org.au
Opening this Valentine's Day at Noosa Arts Theatre is HOTDATESDOTCOM, three locally written, directed and acted one-act plays about looking for love online.
Once Bitten, written by Sue Sewell and directed by Sue Clapham delivers the age-old question - are all online relationships legit? Pixie lives alone with her dog in the back of beyond and is thinking that life must have more to offer. Overcoming her distrust of men after divorcing an unfaithful husband, she asks Google for help.
Tinder Surprise, written by Sherelle Scott and directed by Jannine Ritchie, is about a group of girlfriends who have known each other since high school and get together once a month to go out for drinks. Life has taken some funny turns over the years and the girls, all aged now in their 50s, find themselves single and discovering love in crazy places.
Context, directed by John McMahon, inspires the technologically challenged to get hip and look at the possibilities of finding love via a dating app. Does it work for everyone?
To celebrate all things love, HOTDATESDOTCOM has a gala night which includes a ticket to the plays, a drink and supper.
Tickets from the Noosa Arts Theatre Box Office, Tuesday - Friday from 10am to 2pm, or online (see details above).