Ways to get around Noosa these school holidays - without a car!
Noosa Council’s new Go Noosa program has some great ways to get around Noosa without
a car during the school holidays, from 15 December 2018 to 28 January 2019.
Free public buses in the Noosa Shire, in partnership with TransLink, will run throughout the entire school holidays on the following bus routes:
- Route 626 Tewantin to Sunrise Beach via Noosa Heads
- Route 627 Tewantin to Sunshine Beach via Noosa Heads
- Route 628 Noosa Parklands to Noosa Junction via Noosa Civic
- Route 629 Tewantin to Noosa Junction via Noosa Civic
- Route 632 Noosa to Cooran via Cooroy and Pomona
- Route 064 (temporary shuttle) Peregian Beach to Noosa Heads
There's also extra bicycle and scooter parking in Hastings Street, and visitor assistance in key destinations.
Traffic control in Noosa Heads will prioritise the movement of buses and pedestrians.
If you do have to bring the car, long-stay parking is available in Noosa Junction (Transit Centre and The J), and other areas along bus routes so you can still jump on a free bus.
Also, Noosa Heads Lions Park will be opened up for an additional 250+ paid car parks.
For information see noosa.qld.gov.au/go-noosa