Immerse yourself in pristine nature as you paddle your streamlined kayak through the ancient waterways of one of just two everglades in the world - the Noosa Everglades.
At Kanu Kapers we offer two types of tours – guided and self-guided. If you’d like to explore the spectacular Noosa Everglades at your own pace either alone or with friends, then self-guided is for you. If you’d like one of our experienced team members to accompany you and lead you into the Everglades wilderness, we offer half and full-day guided tours.
The Noosa Everglades
Hidden within the Cooloola section of the Great Sandy National Park is one of the Sunshine Coast’s best kept paddling secrets, the Noosa Everglades. Best explored by canoe or kayak, the upper reaches of the Noosa River and the Everglades represent an ancient waterway that has existed unchanged for thousands of years.
Kanu Kapers offers half, one, two and three day guided and self guided tours in our easy to paddle and stable sea kayaks. A kayak tour into the Noosa Everglades is an inspiring day out among some of the most spectacular scenery you will find any where in the world. Kayak hire is simple with our sleek, modern, comfortable expedition sea kayaks.
The Noosa Everglades are situated within Noosa Biosphere, Queensland’s first UNESCO Biosphere promoting harmony between people and nature through education, conservation and sustainable activities. The Noosa Biosphere Reserve encompasses 150,000 hectares of land and sea in which you can investigate the diversity of our eco-systems and culture. A wetland of international importance, it is the only river system in Australia that has its entire upper catchment protected in National Park.
• Sustainable & respectful adventure
• Authentic Queensland family business
• Passionately operated by World Kayak champion (World gold medallist)
• Expert guides – well trained, passionate, professional and knowledgeable
• Learn to kayak like a pro with a kayaking expert
• Safety of our guests is paramount
• Locally handcrafted, top of the range, streamlined sea kayaks with rudder - stable, fast, comfortable & sleek
• Range of kayaking tour options: Guided & self-guided options. ½ & 1 day and overnight 2 & 3 day fully equipped tours and expeditions
• Opportunity to explore alone and create your own adventure
• Delicious fresh and healthy produce & freshly brewed organic fair trade coffee
• UNESCO Noosa Biosphere Partner
• Member of Plastic Free Noosa – we have almost eliminated all single use plastic from our tours
• Our electricity is 100% carbon neutral
• Carbon offset scheme for journeys from Noosa
• Optional complimentary visit to a charming old country pub and rainforest gardens