Hervey Bay's premium mid-sized whale watching and charter boat, with a strong focus on ecological practices and sustainability.
Whalesong Cruises, provides year-round unforgettable experience with Whale Watching, West Coast K'gari (Fraser Island), Sunset cruises and charters. Every cruise is accessible in a day trip from Noosa. New purpose-built boat featuring state-of-the-art technology and comfort. Let our decks put you right where the action is.
- Fraser Island Beach + BBQ cruise from mid-November to mid-June. - Hervey Bay Sunset cruise from mid-November to mid-June.
- Dolphin and Whale Search Cruises from mid-June to mid-July.
- Exclusive Whale Watch encounters from mid-July to late-October.
Whalesong Cruises specialises in dolphin and whale watching from Hervey Bay - an easy day-trip from Noosa. The sheltered waters between World Heritage-listed Fraser Island and the mainland provide the best place in Australia to experience a Humpback whale close encounter like no other.
This exclusive viewing where the whales choose to interact with the people and come within metres of our boat is available from mid-July to late-October. The new M.V. Whalesong is environmentally friendly, low carbon impact and was designed to allow guests to cruise in comfort.
Enclosed and open-air viewing on two levels, a water level viewing area and extra wide, walk-around decks provide the ultimate in extra viewing and seating space so all guests have excellent vantage points for viewing a wide variety of wildlife or to just sit back and enjoy the sunset.
Other features include:
- Lunch and morning/afternoon tea
- Guaranteed whale sightings from late July.
- Stabilising tanks for the smoothest ride.
- Full wheelchair facilities (including extra wide decks and wheelchair friendly toilet)
- Underwater listening when conditions permit.
- Low passenger numbers (average 30 to 50 passengers).
Expert commentary and interpretation.
- Local and national award winners.
- Personalised service - every Whalesong guest has interactions with our crew
- Multi-lingual crew - effective communication for our valued national and international guests
- Commitment to sustainable tourism - amongst other things, Whalesong only uses re-usable cutlery and crockery (reduce, reuse and recycle is our mantra).
- Culturally respectful - commitment to providing correct information about the local Aboriginal (Butchulla) people and their beliefs.