Fraser Island Boat Charters offers self-skippered, luxury boat hire from 3 days up to 3 weeks from the Great Sandy Straits Marina. Their fleet is based in Hervey Bay – home to calm seas (protected by the one and only Fraser Island) and also known as the best place in the world to catch a glimpse of the Humpback Whales as they stop along their annual migration.
Once you leave the Great Sandy Straits Marina you’ll be greeted with views across Round Island, Woody Island and over to the world’s largest sand island in all her glory. The local aboriginal (Butchulla) people refer to Fraser Island as K’Gari which translates to ‘paradise’ - this is something you will completely understand when you see this beauty.
Hiring one of their luxury catamaran vessels will you give an intimate and exclusive opportunity to sail these waters in style and at your own pace. Fraser Island Boat Charters offers self-drive boat hire along with fully skippered private charters. Just bring your bags and essential gear and they’ll sort the rest for you!
1. Sail the remote western coast of World Heritage-listed Fraser Island
2. No licence required for self-drive sailing holidays
3. Charter your own path with no set itinerary
4. Soak up the amazing Great Sandy Straits with many snorkelling spots and world-class fishing
5. Catch a glimpse of the humpback whales in their favourite playground