The Noosa Botanic Gardens are situated on the shores of Lake Macdonald and are a short drive from the Noosa hinterland town of Cooroy. The Gardens comprise eight hectares of native and non-native plant species and are home to an abundance of wildlife.
With beautiful water views over Lake Macdonald, the Gardens are a great location for a leisurely stroll or family picnic. Drinking water, tables, toilets including a disabled toilet and shelters are provided. Bench seats scattered throughout offer a place to enjoy the peace and tranquility. Graded pathways make access a breeze for all visitors.
The Friends of Noosa Botanic Gardens are a volunteer group that contribute to the Gardens through the Garden Maintenance Team that looks after the Gardens, the Propagation Team which is responsible for the production of plants for planting out in the Gardens and for sale to the general public at plant sales.
The Guided Walks Team provide seasonal guided walks of the Gardens and also offer customised group walks.
Various other activities such as workshops, entertainment and opening of the Shade Garden on first Sunday of month.
1. Eight hectares of sub tropical botanic gardens at Lake Macdonald.
2. Shade garden, dinosaur dig, lily pond, lawn areas, amphitheatre, bush chapel.
3. Seasonal Guided Walks, Plant Sales and other Special Events & Activities.
4. Propagation Shed grows plants for the gardens & general public at plant sales.
5. Funds raised from plant sales to the general public are used to improve the gardens.