The Great Noosa Trail Walk is a community event, which is hosted annually in the country towns of Cooroy, Kin Kin, Cooran and Pomona.
The 56km walk, over three days, on the Noosa Biosphere Trail, brings together community groups from the local towns to highlight the beautiful landscapes of the Noosa Hinterland Region.
Walkers camp overnight and have their luggage transported each day to the next location so they can enjoy the day's walk. Spectacular countryside scenes are experienced along with good country hospitality and cheer. The event sells out each year! In 2022 the walk will take place on the long weekend 1-3 October.
Funds raised go back in to these communities and also to sponsor Trees for Change, bringing shade to the future. The event is owned and run by the Cooroy Future Group Inc.
1. Experience the beauty of the Noosa Hinterland on foot
2. Walk on country lanes, through rainforest, along National Park trails, amongst tall gum trees, across farms dotted with cattle...
3. Be part of a community of keen walkers and volunteers
4. Extend your stay and enjoy visiting the many attractions in the Noosa region
5. Enjoy the hospitality of local country businesses and restaurants