Sunshine Coast Open House is a rare opportunity to tour architecturally diverse, well-designed, sustainable and historic buildings across the Sunshine Coast and Noosa regions. It's the region’s largest public architecture and design festival with behind-the-scenes tours of significant and heritage buildings, and special experiences.
This year’s program of free events also features insightful talks and debates, forums and opportunities to connect with architects on how to embrace good design.
Some building tours require pre-bookings - bookings open on Wednesday 13 October from 9am until booked out.
In the Noosa region, events include:
- Man About Lake Weyba House: Join Tim Ross and Kit Warhurst for the newest version of their award-winning show where comedy, music and design collide as they take over Lake Weyba House which was designed by Gabriel Poole and featured in the ABC documentary, Designing A Legacy.
- Guided tours of Bark Studio in Tinbeerwah.
- Guided tour of Helia House, Peregian Beach, an alteration and addition to an inward facing brick bungalow,
- Quadropod House open house, Noosa hinterland, designed by Gabriel Poole
- Sunrise Studio open house, Noosa hinterland
- Sparks Architect Studios open house, Peregian Beach
- Crew House open house, Noosa hinterland, designed by Gabriel Poole
- The Paddock open house, an off-grid, semi-rural home in the Noosa hinterland
- The Majestic Theatre in Pomona, celebrating 100 years this year - explore the historic building and see a silent film with live organ accompaniment
- Pomona Railway Station Gallery - an art gallery housed in several historic railway buildings
- Alfredson's Joinery, Cooran, built in 1933 and now home to the Noosa Hinterland Brewing Company
- Noosa artist Yanni Van Zijl invites you to her private studio to see her at work and experience the creative process first-hand