This Week in Noosa
Welcome to Noosa, with its beautiful natural surrounds, cosmopolitan atmosphere and vibrant calendar of events! If you're looking for something to do during your holidays, we've put together some ideas for you.
For more ideas call into the Noosa Visitor Information Centres at Hastings Street, Parkyn's Hut or Noosa Marina in Tewantin. Phone +61 7 5430 5000 or Freecall 1 3000 NOOSA (66672)
Ultimate sports: Swim, cycle and run at this weekend’s Noosa Ultimate Sports Festival, 23-24 May, with something for all sports fans and supporters. Festival Village in Noosa Woods, at the end of Hastings St has a sports and lifestyle expo and entertainment. There’s an event to suit all ages and abilities, taking in Noosa’s beautiful surrounds, including 3.8km, 2km, 1km, 500m swims from Little Cove; 160km, 85km cycles through the hinterland and 21.1km, 10km, 5km runs. See noosaultimatesportsfest.com
Morning tea: Enjoy a beautiful morning tea and help raise money for the Cancer Council at Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea events this Thurs 28 May at Noosa Blue Resort, Noosa Heads, 9.30-11.30am; and at Noosa Yacht & Rowing Club, 9.30am (ph 0409 385 566)
Japanese at its best:
Find out why Wasabi Restaurant & Bar in Quamby Place, Noosa Sound has just been named in The Australian Financial Review's list of Australia's Top 100 Restaurants. Wasabi showcasing seasonal, regional produce was number 2 of the Qld restaurants, at no 53. Ph 5449 2443 or wasabisb.com
Pop Up Specials are at Embassy XO, Sunshine Beach every Thursday and Friday, 4-7pm. Try $1 Duck Buns plus other great specials in the Lounge Bar this week.
Check out great live music in Noosa from 22-28 May
- The Cherry Dolls, All Strings Attached, Liam Kennedy-Clark and Lecia Louise are at Cooroy Originals
- with live music in Apex Park, Cooroy this Sun 24 May from 1pm
- See Humidors on the deck at Sunshine Beach Surf Club, this Sun 24 May, 3-6pm
- Late-night grooves Sat from 9pm at the Supper Club, Miss Moneypenny’s, Hastings St
- Ryan Giles is at the Imperial Hotel, Eumundi this Fri 22 May, 6.30pm; Georgina and Mitch are on Sat
- from 6.30pm; Jake Fox is on Sun from 11.30am
- Romeo’s Apprentice are at Tewantin-Noosa RSL on Fri 22 May, 8pm, $10; The Retronomes are free on
- Sat, 8pm; and Janice J is free on Thurs 28 May, 7pm
- At the Noosa Reef Hotel, Noosa Heads see James Sinclair and LMNOP this Fri 22 May, 9pm; on Sat, see
- James Sinclair, Funckt, Traita, LMNOP, Wintex from 9pm; on Sun see RG3 from 4pm
- Luiz Carlos is free at Harbour Wine Bar, Noosa Marina, Tewantin Fri 22 May, 5.30pm
- Café Le Monde has DJs this Fri and Sat; Ella Fence plays on Sun, 3pm; and Doolie Shadforth, Jason
- Daniels and Brothers are free on Thurs 28 May, 6.30pm
- Janice J Duo are free at Noosa Yacht & Rowing Club on Sun 24 May, 2pm
- Bohemian Bungalow, Eumundi has Lee Hardisty, Sat 23 May, noon-2pm; Matt Stillert, Sun, 12.30-2.30pm
- Harry Kemp at KB’s, Nomads Noosa, Sun 24 May, 6-9pm; see Stealing Lincoln on Wed 27 May, 8-11pm
- At Crawdaddy’s, upstairs Bay Village, Hastings St see Shannon Sol Carroll, Fri 22 May, 7pm, free; The
- Cool Rulers and The Lyrical this Sat 8pm, $10; The Lyrical, Sun, 6-9pm; and Thump on Mon, 7.30pm, free
- Live music at Shades Wine Bar, Noosa Junction on Wednesday and Saturday
- Coolum Surf Club has live music this Fri 22 May
- Red on Thomas has live music every Thurs 6-9pm and Sun 3.30-6.30pm
- Andrew Lawson is at Noosa Beach House Bar, Hastings St on Sun 24 May, 2.30-5.30pm; Carl Wockner is
- on Wed 27 May, 6.30-8.30pm
Join nature photographer and birder Karl Granzien for a stroll through Noosa Botanic Gardens on the shores of Lake Macdonald, Sun 24 May, 7am and find out about the birds that visit Noosa. Stay for a botanic guide at 9.30am. The gardens are on Lake Macdonald Drive, Cooroy
See and learn about Noosa’s history and amazing birds, river life and flora on a 2hr Noosa Eco Cruise, Tues and Thurs. Includes river cruise, nature walk, morning tea and all-day Noosa Ferry pass (same day).
Buy a Noosa Gift Certificate from the Visitor Information Centre in Hastings St and give a Noosa experience to someone special.
For more about what to do in Noosa, call into the Noosa Visitor Information Centres at Hastings Street or Noosa Marina in Tewantin. Phone +61 7 5430 5000 or 1 3000 NOOSA (1 3000 66672).