Hinterland Adventure Playground at Cooroy is the ultimate nature-based playground, catering for all ages and abilities.
Complete with a double flying fox, impressive climbing tower and slides, sensory gardens and even a replicated creek to cool down in, be sure to pack a picnic as there is a full day to be spent here!
Brand new to the town of Cooroy and built on the site where its iconic saw mill once resided, the Hinterland Adventure Playground is inspired by both nature and the agricultural and manufacturing history of the region.
Fun Fact: Many of the playground’s materials were sourced and repurposed from heritage materials found in and around Cooroy including the windmill shade structures, timber from iconic bridges and concrete and electrical switches from the Cooroy Brickworks. The rocket ship in the main playground is actually a stainless cylinder taken from the timber mill!
Why we love it
1. Caters to children of all ages and abilities
2. Double flying fox, stick stack and climbing tower
3. Grassed area perfect for a picnic of to kick a ball or throw a frisbee
4. Have fun wading and splashing in the shallow splash pool
5. Nature play areas with rock container and plenty of wooden structures to clamber over including a felled ironbark tree